Beauty Review: Chanel Hydramax Moisture Boost Cream

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Chanel has never disappointed me (well.. maybe just their prices) and my latest find from them is definitely not an exception.

I started using Chanel Hydramax Moisture Boost Cream ($58 US) a couple of weeks ago and I'm sooo in love with the formula. Now that the weather is getting colder in San Francisco, I have issues with dry skin in the winter. This moisturizing cream is rich, but not heavy. It smells wonderful, like summer peaches and is blue-ish in color. It also has a cooling sensation when you apply it - hmm, I wonder if that was intentional with the blue...

Here's some of the science behind it from Chanel.com:

Powerful formula performs at the source of dehydration, helping accelerate skin's ability to hydrate itself, utilizing skin proteins and an enzyme that trap moisture in and between cells. Also performs at the surface, creating a moist micro-climate to achieve perfect hydration. Extract of Yeast stimulates the formation of 'comfort lipids,' the natural lipids often lacking in dehydrated skin. Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Extract of Cassia and sugar derivatives provide moisture to the skin surface for softness and comfort. Vitamin E derivative helps protect against skin-damaging free radicals.

This is definitely one that I'd recommend. My face feels softer, and doesn't make me greasy after a few hours - as some other heavier creams tend to do for me and, my makeup applies nicely on top of it. I couldn't believe how many compliments I've gotten on my skin lately and it makes me want to believe that this moisturizer is making the difference! The only annoying thing about it is that it comes in a jar, and not a pump. It's like we're living in the stone age!

Have you tried this moisturizer yet? What are some of your favorites? I'd love to know!

5 comments:

Karen said...

I haven't tried Chanel skincare on a daily basis but this looks good. I want to try some of their serums!

Lately I've been using Clinique's Moisture On-Line and it ROCKS! Sooo moisturizing and doesn't break me out. I love!

nilla cookie said...

I haven't used Clinique skincare in soo long! But I've been hearing more and more about them and how great they are! Maybe after Chanel empties by wallet, I can give it a try :)

Oh, I really want to get Chanel's Beaute Initiale serum! They put it on me the last time I got a makeover there and it felt really nice on my skin.

Karen said...

Oh yah! The MUA put that on my neck and it felt heavenly. I remember it smelling really good, too!

Anonymous said...

i've been loving chanel skincare for a while. i need to try this too! it is a lot cheaper than sublimage or la mer!

nilla cookie said...

Oh goodness, La Mer is soo expensive. I'm lovin' the Chanel cream so far - it's lighter than the Kinerase I was using for a while but still moisturizes well :)